Insurance Premiums Tips
Looking for methods to lower your insurance premiums?
An insurance company bases insurance premiums on the risks involved. To do this, they evaluate the situation to determine the risks, or potential for losses. The insurance company determines its rates on the results.
The steps you take today to lower your risks can not only help safeguard your business but may make you eligible for lower insurance rates. According to the Independent Insurance Agents of America, business owners should consider these steps:
* Maintain adequate lighting throughout your business premises.
* Keep electrical wiring, stairways, carpeting, flooring, elevators and escalators in good repair.
* Install a sprinkler system, smoke and fire alarms and adequate security devices.
* Keep only a small amount of cash in the cash register.
* Keep good records of inventory, accounts receivable and equipment purchases.
* Consider keeping a second set of records off-site, such as with your accountant, insurance agent or at home.
* Make sure your employees have good driving records.
* Make sure your employees know how to lift properly and use all necessary safety equipment, such as goggles, gloves and respirators.
* You should consider using the services of a risk manager. An outside consultant can advise you of any safety or environmental regulations you may have overlooked.
* Talk to your employees about safety practices.